The Griffin Chronicle

Los Al’s GWAM Trip

Emily Cochran, Staff Writer

With Los Al’s yearly GWAM trip coming up in the next couple of weeks, many students on our campus have been asking themselves what GWAM will actually entail. While teachers and faculty members have explained to many classes that GWAM is a fun trip with the intent of bringing students together and learn acceptance, many students are believing that their description is just too good to be true. So, in an attempt to decode this puzzle, I decided to anonymously interview both Juniors and seniors who’ve went on the GWAM trip in the past to see what the trip was actually like.

When asked if they would recommend that students go on the trip, this senior said, “before my friends and I went on the trip, we didn’t think it would be all it was cracked up to be, but it actually turned out to be a ton of fun! I’d definitely recommend freshmen to go on the trip. It may seem stupid now but it’s a good way to make memories with your friends.”

When I asked a junior, however, their response was somewhat different, saying “GWAM was alright but I don’t think I’d go again. I mean, not that it was awful, but I didn’t really think it was a huge event, freshman year. So I guess I’m indifferent.” Although, when asked if they would recommend the trip to those who haven’t been before, they both agreed that they would, just for the experience of it. In conclusion, going on the GWAM trip is a great way to both make memories with friends, and have fun talking to and meeting new people.