The Griffin Chronicle

Teacher’s Pet(s)

Julie Mayuga, Staff Writer

Mrs. Rikki Jones, the dance program director and head choreographer, has some cute furry friends. This year, Mrs. Jones was gifted a guinea pig named Coco (seen left), she has black fur and patches of white. After Mrs. Jones fell in love with Coco, she bought Penny Lane (seen right), another girl with orange fur and a cute face.

I asked Mrs. Jones why she loved guinea pigs so much- “They’re soft and furry.. and cuddly. The story behind it all is that there’s a petting zoo called Los Rios and they have a seperate area for guinea pigs and you can sit down and they’ll come around you. You can feed them vegetales and that’s where I fell in love with them” she said smiling.

No matter the animals, they’ll always do something cute and funny. Mrs. Jones added “Every night I have lap time with them, so I’ll watch television and they’ll cuddle in. They stretch out and once in awhile they’ll go and circle around and then make a new spot and fall asleep. We’ll just pet them, that’s how we spend lap time with them. Sometimes they’ll ‘popcorn’ which means they pop up in the air when they’re happy and excited. It’s so adorable, they’ll make some cute noises too”- Mrs. Jones added.

If you’re apart of the dance program, you’ve definitely seen Coco and Penny Lane before. Sometimes they’ll visit the dance room and run around in their play pens. Students can hold the animals and they’ll do cute things like cuddle in your arms and lay a little poop. Gross, but very cute! These little cuties are incredibly charming and could win anyone’s heart.  

Julie Mayuga, Staff Writer

I am a senior here at Los Al. I am in advanced dance and am a horseback rider. I love to watch reality TV shows and play video games. In the future, I...