Palos Verdes Varsity Girls VB comes to Los Al to get demolished by Abby Karich’s High Flying Offense and Jacinda Ramirez’ Rock Solid Defense

The Los Al Girls Volleyball team wins in 4 against Palos Verdes.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo of Jacinda Ramirez back to serve

Photo of Jacinda Ramirez back to serve

Maxpreps

Photo of Jacinda Ramirez back to serve

Maxpreps

Maxpreps

Photo of Jacinda Ramirez back to serve

Trevor Hart, Staff Writer

The Los Alamitos Varsity Girls Volleyball Team is off to a great start this year after a 3-1 set win against Palos Verdes High School. The Griffins were led to victory by Team Captain, future player at the University of Utah, and Senior Outside Hitter, Abby Karich. I must also mention the leading stat player of the game in aces and digs, Senior Libero, Jacinda Ramirez who is also committed to play Division 1 volleyball in college (Loyola Marymount University). After the game, I got the chance to speak with one of the team’s MVP’s*, Jacinda Ramirez, and was able to ask her a couple of questions. The first being about what her team did best during the game and the second being what her expectations/goals are for the team during her final high school season. Her responses were: “….serving and not just being aggressive, but getting the other team out of system…” and “……our first goal is to win league…..C.I.F is obviously in that view as well, but league is the first step and this [win against Palos Verdes] is also the first step of pre-season, and next is Redondo…” 

Being a volleyball player and an avid fan of the Los Al volleyball team, I can safely say that serving is a vital part of volleyball, and it is something the entire Griffins lineup executes extremely well. As far as Jacinda’s second response went, my thoughts on it were that if they won C.I.F last year, they can do it again this year, just like how the Patriots win the Super Bowl every year*. The 4-1* Los Alamitos Griffins’ next game is against the  5-0* Redondo Union SeaHawks this Thursday, August 22, and although many consider them to be the underdogs, my prediction is that the Griffins will take a W in three sets in a row for Thursday’s game. Personally, I am extremely excited to continue watching the Griffins play this year, and I encourage all you readers to go to as many games as you can this season and appreciate how hard these players and coaches work for this program. Here is the schedule for the upcoming games:

-8/27/2019 @Woodrow Wilson

-8/29/2019 VS Santa Margarita

-8/30/2019 VS Lakewood

-9/4/2019 @Cypress

-9/13/2019 VS Marina

-9/17/2019 @Newport Harbor

-9/18/2019 @Corona Del Mar

-9/24/2019 @Huntington Beach