JV Football Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

JV Football Game

Rachel Heller, Staff Writer

The football season for 2019-2020 school year has finally started. On Thursday, August 22, The Los Alamitos High School Junior Varsity football team brought home the first win of the season against Torrey Pines High School. During this game, Los Al scored a total of four touchdowns. The final score of this intense football game was 23-0, suggesting that Los Al will continue to dominate in another incredible season. The game was held at home on the Los Alamitos High School football field inside the track. The stands were full of parents and supporting schoolmates in the student section who excitedly cheered for their team. The student body cheer team, ASB, added to this excitement by performing for the audience and encouraging the players to play better. The result of the game was unfortunate for Torrey Pines because they drove to Los Alamitos from San Diego, and were still unable to clench a victory. However on Friday, August 23, the varsity team went down to San Diego and played against Torrey Pines, and lost with a final score of 10-36. Therefore, the tables turned, and Los Al faced a devastating defeat after driving all the way down to San Diego.

For being the first game of the season, it was fun to watch and hang out with friends. The game was extremely entertaining and intense as a result of the constant pushing, shoving, and of course, tackling. The Griffins Football team had an incredible first game and are now training for the rest of the season. The next football game is on Friday, August 30 against Vista Murrieta High School at Cerritos College. Therefore, if you are into football and showing school spirit, make sure to come and show your Griffin pride!