Senior Night For Los Al Volleyball

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Night For Los Al Volleyball

Game Point for Los Al up 14-13
Credit: Trevor Hart

Game Point for Los Al up 14-13 Credit: Trevor Hart

Trevor Hart, Staff Writer

Last Tuesday, the lady Griffins took a 3-2 set win against their rivals, the Edison Chargers, on their last game of the regular season. This win was crucial for Los Al, because if they did not win, there was a chance of not making playoffs(CIF). 

This game was also a very special night for 8 players of the Griffins as it was senior night for Los Al. The 8 seniors: Abby Karich, Riley Beyma, Mia Siong, Chloe Allen, Jacinda Ramirez,  Karmyn Parsonage, Kaeli Tullete and Lauren Given were honored on Tuesday for their hard work, determination, and surviving high school, all while playing their hearts out on the court.

The amount of fans at the game was crazy and it was possibly the most amount of fans at a game all year. At the beginning of the game the Griffins took charge of Edison(no pun intended again) showing no mercy with huge effort plays from libero Jacinda Ramirez and impressive serves from Captain Abby Karich, also throughout the game Freshman Middle Blocker, Chase Koepke put up a wall against Edison’s hitters racking up over 10 blocks. Over the next couple sets the Griffins could smell victory, but Edison decided to give it one final shot and took the 3rd and 4th sets off of great passes from libero Payton Eatherton, and big plays from Kylee Anthony. Los Al put on a show ending the game in the 5th set 15-13 off of a tough serve from  Jacinda Ramirez and a game winning double block from Chase Koepke* and Kamryn Parsonage*.

The Griffins are now 3-3 in league and have a ticket to CIF. I believe CIF this year will be a bigger challenge for the Griffins as they are going to compete for D1 CIF Champs, but I am confident with the talent this team has that they will advance and even take another ring this season.