Dance Class

Los Alamitos Dance Program come give it a try!

Jasmine McKernan, Staff Writer

Los Alamitos High School Dance Program is by far my favorite class. Dance is a place where you can forget about all of your other classes and just have a good time. Dance is very fun it can help you get out of your shell, helps you make new friends, and can just be a class where you get to be yourself. Although dance is a blast, it is also full of hard work and dedication! When it comes down to it you have to be willing to work hard, show up, and put yourself out there to improve each year. For those who have never been in a dance class before, Los Al has a beginning dance class which is probably what’s best if you are someone with no experience. Beginning Dance will accept all students in all grades as long as they can commit. The dance program has 2 shows every year. When it is show time, everybody seems to all bond together and all become closer. When we are learning choreography, it is best to never miss those days, and if necessary have a friend record for you so you come back the next day prepared. Dance is a big commitment so there is absolutely no excuse for missing a mandatory rehearsal or show day except for a deadly sickness or a death in the family and you must attend the all show days and write a dance critique. When I first did dance I was very nervous and I wasn’t sure if it would be for me but I am now in my second year of the Dance Program and it is something I have learned to love. I suggest giving it a try if you have not yet, and if you are experienced and have a history of dance there are many other levels you can try out for such as intermediate one, two, or three as well as advanced dance who are more lyrical and not only of they participate in the two shows but they perform at assemblies. Dance is my favorite class because I have met so many amazing people who inspire you to improve and people who you can become friends with and create bonds that grow to be strong, Dance has changed me in the best way possible. I know dance is not for everyone but it never hurts to give it a shot  you will regret it if you do not, so if you would like to try dance you can go to the dance room 501 and talk to Mrs. Jones for any further questions.