Los Al D3 Football CIF Run Starts

CIF Begins; Logo of CIF Southern Section
Credit: CIF SS

CIF Begins; Logo of CIF Southern Section Credit: CIF SS

Trevor Hart, Sports Editor

Los Al is here and ready for action, as the title for D3 CIF Champions is now up for grabs. The Griffins now stand with a 4-6 record overall and are 3-2 in league and they have just played their final regular season game against Corona Del Mar High School losing 14-48, but more importantly they have secured a spot in round 1 after starting the season just 1-4. On Friday, November 8th, Los Al will be competing against Lawndale High School down in Inglewood, California, to be able to advance to round 2 where they will play either Westlake or Grace Brethren. 

My predictions for this weeks set of games are as follows: CDM beats Santiago 35-13, Cajon beats St.Francis 41-10, Tesoro beats Cathedral 21-0, Alemany beats Paraclete 21-20, La Habra beats Capo Valley 24-21, Heritage beats Edison 10-7, Los Alamitos beats Lawndale 17-16 and Grace Brethren wins in a close match against Westlake 27-26. CIF will start November 8th and end will finish with the championship game on November 29. I wish the best of luck for all teams and I hope that injuries to these football players on every team are kept to a minimal this post season.

I encourage the reader to support their local team and make the drive out to a game even if their team is playing on the road. Fans for Los Al can take a router bus this week which is only 5 dollars for a ride there and back with a game ticket included.