The Trails Of Inspiration

Submit your poetry and writing for this year's Adroit Journal's works!

Writing your drafts on paper is beneficial before creating your final draft. (Photo Courtesy Of Pxfuel)

Adalie Landa, Staff Writer

The Adroit Journal is an online magazine that was made in 2010 and currently holds a contest every year for secondary and undergraduate students. Students will submit works of poetry and prose and can win multiple prizes. The prizes include $200 along with their work being published on The Adroit Journal website. The winners will also receive a copy of the judges’ latest books. The judges that determined the winners in the last contest were Franny Choi and Jamel Brinkley.
Although the due date recently passed on January 17, you can still submit your artwork and writing to the website for the possibility of them viewing your work and deciding whether they want to put it on their website. These submissions include a cover letter and a short third-person biography summary of yourself. The due date for these submissions is on April 1, 2020. These submissions are for all high school students, undergraduate students, graduate students, and adults. Each person can not submit more than two works for each genre. When submitting prose, the maximum amount of words is 3,000 while submitting poems does not have any limit. For art, both color and black and white can be used. The submission fee, when placing your submission, is $12. For any questions with submitting, you can contact the email [email protected] Sharing your artwork and writing can be very beneficial when it comes to filling out your applications for college. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating something unique and different to share a valuable message.