Los Alamitos Girls Soccer Kicks Down the Oil Cans in Huntington Beach

Colby Barnett, Lead Scorer in Game against Huntington Beach
Photo Credit: Top Drawer Soccer

Colby Barnett, Lead Scorer in Game against Huntington Beach Photo Credit: Top Drawer Soccer

Trevor Hart, Sports Editor

Girls Soccer at Los Al is killing it right now as they have just won there 18th game of the season and it also goes down as their first league game win too. After this win the girls only have four more games on the season and must win at least three more to have a guaranteed playoff spot in the CIF playoffs. I was at this game and really enjoyed seeing the girls plays and liked how much effort all of them put in for this win.

The Griffins beat Huntington Beach 2-0. The two players accounting for both of these goals were sophomore Peyton Nelson with the assists and junior Colby Barnett with the scores. Huntington Beach, on the other hand, had plenty of opportunities to score as they had Los Al beat in speed, but junior Reezyn Turk, playing goalie for Los Al, played amazing defense and saved the Griffins from over multiple scoring attempts from Huntington Beach. It’s also important to mention in this long fought game there was amazing play from seniors Lauren Jewett and Anika Piburn and a great communication skills from Jayden Newkirk.

Los Alamitos High School is around the end of its winter season sports and most of these sports are soon to go in to CIF, so make sure to go out to these games and support your school(especially the seniors at Los Al because it’s your last year and you might as well). I wish Los Al Girls Soccer the best of luck in their next four games and would like to predict that they go 4-0 and take the number 1 seed in the Surf Division in the Sunset League this year.