Los Al Men’s Volleyball Lances Lakewood in their First Home Game!

(#6)Trevor Hart seen as assistant coach on frosh soph game before the varsity game PC: Trevor Hart

Trevor Hart, Sports Editor

Los Al Men’s Volleyball is here and ready for action as they start their season undefeated at home with a 1-0 start beating Lakewood in three sets straight. The scores each set were 25-16, 25-20, and 25-21.

The game was rather slow as both teams made serving errors and hitting errors early in the game, but sped up in the second set as sophomore opposite hitter, Aidan Schulten(#7) got the first Monster Kill* of the season. A player from Lakewood I thought did a very good job on offense and defense was junior outside hitter Kam Tufuga.(#10) I bring up Kam because during a play in the 1st set, Lakewood had given Los Al an overpass to where senior setter and opposite hitter, Erik Weissinger, took a fierce and demanding swing at the ball, but, Kam, with very quick reaction timing, dug the ball up to the middle of the court beautifully. Defense was a big part of Los Al’s win as Libero and Defensive Specialists: Justin Kim, Troy Bamberg and Trevor Hart had solid performances as they had numerous counts of digs, receives and great out of system sets. Offensively, Noah Roberts basically carried the team and had a very high number of kills on the night.

Overall it was a fun game, and although for Los Al it shouldn’t of been this close, they plan to work much harder at all of their future games. Los Al’s next home game is March 18th against CDM High School, make sure to be there and show your support.

*Monster Kill – An attack from a team that hits the floor of the opposing team’s court in a very flashy fashion.