The Griffin Chronicle

Today’s Paper Use

Today’s Paper Use

As you may know; Los Al’s library books are being thrown out. The reason may be obvious, students are using less paper right? We have our phones, we have our class chromebooks. Who needs paper anyway? Let’s get down to why the decrease in paper use is really happening.

We use a third less paper than we did 20 years ago. Digital transmission has allowed us to print less. We still use paper as an important tool, we just don’t see it as much. Sometimes we use paper while also using a device for the same assignment, one of them seems redundant. As a student, I would rather use paper and pencil to do work because it appears more convenient, it’s hands on. But consider the waste of paper use and the effects it has on our environment. I interviewed a student here at Los al their opinion on how classrooms are using less paper assignments.

Q:How many classes do you use chromebooks frequently?

A:journalism we use chromebooks sometimes when necessary and English we use chromebooks and paper

Q:Do you have any paperless classes, meaning pretty much all digital with little to no paper?

A:history is all digital, we use no paper the only time is for tests.

Q:Do you prefer paper or digital for your class assignments?

A:I prefer digital

Q:Why?

A:It saves paper and trees

Paper comes from trees, it involves cutting trees and is one of the main environmental problems today. Turns out that the lessening of paper usage was only a prediction due to the electronic revolution. Paper is still being used and wasted. As students, we can’t do much to help but every little thing counts to help our planet Earth! Save the trees.

Today’s Paper Use

A:I prefer digital

Q:Why?

A:It saves paper and trees

Today’s Paper Use

A:I prefer digital

Q:Why?

A:It saves paper and trees