The Griffin Chronicle

Orchestra “Pops” Concert

This is a caption.

Photographer

This is a caption.

Elsa Ayala, Staff Writer

Listen to the catchy tunes of La La Land and West Side Story, the haunting melodies of Schindler’s List, and the dramatic themes of Phantom of the Opera. Where? At the orchestra concert this Tuesday!

This week, Orchestra is showcasing a variety of pop music songs in the PAC. On stage, the chamber and string orchestra will join the band to create a night full of entertaining music. The songs they will be playing are popular and loved by everyone in the audience. Music from the new, hit musical La La Land will be played, which made a huge hit this past spring when the peppy music and pictures transformed the world of musicals permanently. And a combination of the most beautiful songs from The Phantom of the Opera will be performed by the orchestra and band together to create a cacophony full of passion and power. The catchy themes from West Side Story, the modern rendition of Shakespeare’s classic love story, also wind their way into the show.

The exciting music from these familiar shows will be taken to great lengths in the hands of Los Al’s orchestra and band programs. Mr. Padilla, the director behind the musical spectacle, notes the excitement and reliability of a Pop music concert. A few times a year, the Orchestra, and all of the high school’s music programs, put on a myriad of shows that are all stunning in their own way. Each surpassing the last, every performance is a new, exciting experience.

The next upcoming concert for chamber and string Orchestra is their own rendition of ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’. Be sure to get your tickets and grab a seat for the annual Christmas orchestra performance!