The Griffin Chronicle

Are You Ever Too Old For Trick-or-Treating?

Back to Article
Back to Article

The answer is no, you are never too old to go trick or treating on the night of Halloween. A few times I thought to myself, “ehh maybe I’m too old for this”, because for some reason being 16 years old, Halloween doesn’t seem as exciting as it used to be when I was younger. You know, dressing up as your favorite character, waiting for the night to finally go door-to-door with your siblings, seeing who can collect the most candy that will probably never get finished and munch on it until your stomachs ached.

But trick or treating on Halloween is much more than you thinking you’re too old, I mean who doesn’t like candy anyways. You get to see everyone else’s fascinating costumes, it’s just not something you can do on a regular Tuesday night.

I asked a few of my classmates if they like to go trick or treating, a lot of them said no, they don’t see a point, they didn’t want to, one student even said, “no, i’m not 10 years old”. Only a few actually did go trick or treating, but didn’t seem too excited about it.

This year on Halloween I decided to pass out candy to find out who comes to my door to get candy. As I passed out candy, I noticed kids some my age, even adults but a lot of them were younger kids with their parents and families. Just like how I used to, it almost made me wish I had gotten together with my friends and went. But passing out candy was just as exciting as going to get candy. Seeing everyone out, all the costumes, smiles on faces made me feel good about Halloween. The little kids in costumes was also adorable.

Are You Ever Too Old to Trick or Treat?