G.W.A.M

G.W.A.M is a such a helpful opportunity for students to learn about about the uniqueness of other people.

The G.W.A.M trip is a great opportunity for students to learn about the uniqueness of other people.

Andrew Chouinard, Staff Writer

There are many clubs at Los Al, but one that students should definitely consider is G.W.A.M. G.W.A.M is a great opportunity to connect students with others, expose students to a wide variety of cultures and share personal experiences with other students. If a student signs up for this club he or she will be taken off campus to a on a one-day retreat at Weaver Elementary School. At Weaver, the students will be put into groups in which they will play games, discuss students’ personal experiences, and learn about students’ differing perspectives. Students will be able to pack or buy lunch because this retreat will be all day. The retreat will be a great time for students to get to know each other a little bit more, especially freshman because they need to get to know others now that they have entered a new school and a completely different environment.

Exposing students to other perspectives and cultures allows them to get a better understanding of other people and maybe other cultures that are around them at all times. Also connecting young students with upperclassmen can help them around campus or help them with other things they might need. Additionally, connecting students with campus adults provides students with all the information that upperclassmen may not know. G.W.A.M’s leaders hope to establish an understanding that everyone is unique, but we are all the same in some way. G.W.A.M helps students not just with school, but with things outside of school, such as social skills which can help with meeting new people and everyday life. Also, G.W.A.M. provides students with the skill of working with others; team work is helpful when it comes to working at a job because it enables beneficial cooperation and compromise among coworkers who have contradictory views. G.W.A.M allows a student to become an overall better person, and it is a great opportunity for students to learn that everyone is different in their one way.